Thursday, July 14, 2011

One Evening of Peace in my Heart

It is so absolutely, perfectly, blissfully beautiful outside that I had no choice but to come out. I am indeed writing this as I sit in the yard, watching all the birds who don't mind my presence as they come to the feeders and feeling the cool early evening air as the sun plays peekaboo behind the clouds.

I really really wanted to write tonight, especially after the last couple of days. I have had so much on my mind during the day, so many things bothering me, so much unhappiness while I am at work, so many times I've just wanted to cry. But now that I am home, I can't bear to waste the calm and contentment I have for this evening by dredging all that back up and dwelling on it. I'd rather work on my garden plans for next year, watch the chickadees flitting about, listen to the woodpeckers and nuthatches, watch the bees sampling the cucumber flowers, even just admire my lovely lettuces which have gone to seed and are quite lovely garden plants in their own right. This is the balm I needed, and I'm not going to ignore this gift.

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly what home should do for you. <3 Lovely. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete